Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Secret" by IamSoLostRightNow
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: "The Secret" by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Secret" 10-26-2007
Trailer: John Locke is a serial killer. Once you know his secret. YOU DIE!!!!
Song: N/A by N/A
Vidder: IamSoLostRightNow
Length: 2:44 (28.26MB AVI)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqHQiU08X6Y
http://www.zshare.net/download/447435865296cf/

Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: The Secret by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

Holy crap! That was amazing. The story was totally believable, the audio use was perfect and the subtle choices for the music were cool without being distracting from the story. All in all - coolest. trailer. ever!!
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow cool stuff
that was really cool loved the quick flashes, and charlie saying about the post office that made me laugh
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really cool Yael! I liked the concept and the editing allot. I loved how you used that song in the beggining, it has such a voodo kind of devilish vibe that really fit. I loved how you used charlies post office line also. All i could say is that i kind of wished you had used a constent music in the background, it just felt a little bit awkeward with everthing silent. Otherwise it was excellent work,!!!!
dduked
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: The Secret by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

I almost would have believed that Locke is a serial killer. Bravo. Liked the beat use especially to the end.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: The Secret by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

I usually am not into Locke vids, but this was so creative and extremely well edited. I loved it. The dialogue was great,the music too. After I was done watching, I had to IM it to my brother. He liked it too. Great job, gold star from me.
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: The Secret by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

Captain Freya: Thanks so much! I really had a lot of difficulty picking music especially in the beginning. I'm glad you thought it was fitting! "Coolest trailer?" You're the best!

charmed_Charlie: Thanks. I love the flashes. When I originally thought about the trailer I hadn't thought of the post office bit. Then I saw it in the episode I was looking through and thought "OMG SO PERFECT!"

Wolffootball37: Thanks Trey! Yeah that song at the beginning was perfectly creepy lol. MUSIC WAS SO HARD! lol seriously I didn't want it to sound too "losty" with over the top jungle music. I tried to listen to music in other horror movie trailers and I found that a lot of it was not quite musical, but not silent either. They usually just have this underlying ominous creepy sound. It was hard to find something like that to match my trailer and run all the way through. So I just did a bunch of different things.
PS: Can I just say that I LOVE that you leave constructive criticism? AWESOME!

dduked Thanks for commenting! Yeah that beat use towards the end was tricky. I actually combined two different songs to get it to build just right.

SassyLostie2 Yeah, Locke was never my favorite character either. I'm glad you AND your bro liked it! *puts gold star in pocket*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its cool Yael. I did like the silent creepieness with the thuds and such, i just though i needed to start giving more constructive critisism because my posts are always soo genaric. It was really just a nit picky thing though, i really liked it allot!!!
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: The Secret by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

Yay! I'm the best. I love being "the best"!
Manon
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: The Secret by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

that was FREAKIN awesome!! omg =O loved the ending 'do you wanna know a secret'? (I was screaming ' NOOO ' in my mind =p ) really cool trailer!
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This trailer was totally amazing!!! I loved it so much, i've watched it like three times, and i've shown my mom (also a lost fan). It totally looks like a real movie, and it was very believable the way you painted Locke as a serial killer, lol. By the way, what program did you use?
Anyway, I loved this! It was serioulsy awesome, and you have a lot of talent. Great job!
lors-x
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

absoloutely amazing!

d/l link?

loved it!

avi[&&]banner by mee xD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, that was pretty wicked! Very well edited and a great story. Loved it!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The Secret by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

Manon: HAHA yeah the ending is my favorite part too. I originally just planned that locke was gonna be a mindless serial killer. But once I heard that I knew that it could be so much more lol.

riay_night: Aww thank you! I'm so glad you thought it was convincing. I really feel special. The program I used was iMovie HD. It's the basic movie maker that comes on a mac. It's comparable to Windows Movie Maker. Although I do have an expansion pack that gives me some extra transitions stuff.

lors-x: Thanks! I think you should be able to download it from the z-share link I gave, but if not PM me and I'll give it to you.

KajaM Thanks Kaja! I tried my best. Trailers are always a fun challenge.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: The Secret by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

that was scary as SH!T!!!!!! My God; the ending gave me chills!!! what a brilliant idea; what Locke admits his secret then kills you. perfect audio choice of Charlie and Jack talking. Fantastic work!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: